- Striving to Achieve International Justice Through the Protection of Refugees: The Challenges for Greece and the European Union
- CARFMS21: Call for Papers
- CARFMS Meets: IMRC!
- Call for Applicants - StOries: Strangers to Ourselves
- Moving Refugee Protection from Regional Divergence to International Convergence
Group rates have been arranged through the following hotels in downtown Winnipeg, all located within a short distance of the conference location. Note that all rates are given in Canadian dollars.
1. Alt Hotel
Winnipeg’s newest downtown hotel is located close to Menno Simons College, the historic Exchange District, and the Winnipeg Art Gallery. You’ll also find some of Winnipeg’s favourite restaurants, bars, and boutiques within easy walking distance.
Special CARFMS rate in effect 11–13 May. You must book by 11 April to receive this rate.
- double or single occupancy at $139/night plus taxes
- for a supplement of $20 another person can be added (maximum 3 adults per room)
- check-in time is 3:00 pm and rooms are only held till 4:00 pm unless you have made further arrangements with the hotel; check-out time is noon.
To make a reservation, phone 431-800-4279/toll-free +1-844-956-6258; or e-mail email@example.com.
Please cite the group reservation name and ID: Canadian Mennonite University (#1799298).
2. McFeetors Hall/UWinnipeg Downtown Hostel
McFeetors Hall is a recently renovated student residence and hostel located on the University of Winnipeg campus. All rooms are private with air-conditioning and full en-suite bathrooms. Free WiFi is available in public areas of the building, and limited parking is available. Besides being just steps away from the conference location, McFeetors Hall is within walking distance of downtown shopping, the Winnipeg Art Gallery, Plug-In Gallery, Osborne Village, and the Exchange District.
Rooms reserved for 11–13 May; book before 8 April to be assured of a room (there may still be rooms available after this date but we cannot guarantee it).
- single room (single occupancy only) $65/night plus taxes
- double room (two separate bedrooms, each single occupancy) $95/night plus taxes
- check-in time is after 3:00 pm; check-out time is 10:00 am
To make an online reservation, follow instructions to download and submit the PDF Reservation Form. In the “Event Information” box, please enter: CARFMS 2016.
3. Inn at the Forks
Inn at the Forks is located at The Forks, where the Assiniboine and Red Rivers join – a traditional Aboriginal meeting place that dates back 6,000 years. Inn at the Forks is just steps away from the Forks Market (shopping, many dining options), the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, and a network of recreational walking paths.
Special CARFMS rate in effect 11–13 May; you must book by 11 April to receive this rate.
- single or double occupancy (queen-size bed) $141/night plus taxes
- for a supplement of $20 another person can be added
- check-in time is 3:00 pm; check-out at 11:00 am
To make a reservation, phone 204-942-6555/toll-free +1-877-377-4100; or follow the links online.
Please cite the group reservation name and ID: Canadian Mennonite University (#220875), and the event dates.
TRAVEL to WINNIPEG
Winnipeg is the capital of the province of Manitoba and accessible from almost anywhere in the world. Located at the geographic centre of Canada, Winnipeg is easily accessible by air, land, or rail.
If you are not a Canadian citizen, you will need to find out what the requirements are for your visit to Canada.
Important: Even if you are a foreign national who does not require a visa, you will still require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) if you are arriving in Canada by air (plane). This is a new regulation coming into effect in March 2016. U.S. citizens are exempt, as is anyone arriving by land or sea. Please do not delay applying for your eTA, as documents will take between two and six weeks to process depending on your country of origin. For information on obtaining an eTA, go to
Getting from James Richardson International Airport to downtown Winnipeg/Menno Simons College
- taxi from the airport to downtown will cost around $20 and take between 20 and 30 minutes. Limousine service can also be had, at a higher rate.
- car rentals (Avis, Hertz, etc.) are available at the airport; driving directions to downtown. Note that parking in downtown Winnipeg is limited.
- public transit (bus) will get you downtown in 30 to 40 minutes. Take the number #15 Mountain Sargent bus; a single fare costs $2.60.