- New Publication: Global Public Governance: Toward World Government?
- Ending Forced Migration as a “Weapon of War”
- Working Paper Series: May 2, 2022
- CARFMS22: “Crisis” and Forced Migration: Manifestations of power in a changing world
- New publication: Peace and Security in Indo-Pacific Asia - IR Perspectives in Context
CARFMS joins the international community, the United Nations, and the Government of Canada, among the other nations of the world, in condemning the brazen aggression of the President of Russia, Vladimir Putin, against Ukraine and its people. This serious international crime will not only result in thousands of casualties, untold hardship, misery, but possibly millions of forcibly displaced persons. We call upon all governments in Canada and around the world, in accordance with the UN 1951 Refugee Convention, to provide their full support and assistance to the people of Ukraine and others as they flee this intolerable illegal aggression and disturbance of peace that is violating people’s most fundamental human rights in Ukraine and other places around the world. In only the first few days of the crisis in Ukraine, there are reports of more than 500,000 Ukrainians who have fled to neighbouring countries. We also call for a stop to the violence and for peaceful negotiations to take place to restore security and peace in Ukraine.